Friday 31 October 2014

October - All about A Garage!

With my family gone, and me having sufficiently recovered in not having them around, we threw ourselves into the garage in earnest.
Steve has done an amazing job, my biggest problem is that I have a very real phobia with heights, I am not able to go further then the second rung of a ladder without getting vertigo and wanting to fling myself off it, this is also projected onto anyone else, so when it came to Steve laying the roof tiles and instructing me to
"Hold the ladder!" I am not even able to watch him leaning over precariously without my legs/knees going weak, and every muscle very tensed, whilst handing him, glue, nail gun and roof tiles. He may have worked really hard, but I stressed even harder!!!
No matter how many times he told me that he knew what he was doing and was fine, I have to say it really was bloody hard work for me too.

Here are pictures in order of the build.

Rotavating and moving mounds of soil


Digging complete.



The beast testing out her new spot.


And the build begins....


















One thousand screws, and 2.5litres of
wood glue later.






























My excellent paint job! And the beginnings of the roof and tiles going on.



















And done!

Then there had to be a roof wetting, of course! We cooked a pork goulash and rice, and the wine flowed.
It was rather chilly so the party moved indoors after eating.

The clever builder! Note even the chickens were allowed to attend.



Keeping the Hungarian wine industry in business!

So, in closing, Steve is now very happy that his baby has her own bedroom and is snug for the winter. We have a barn chock full of wood ready for our winter, there is not much left to do really. I have the right food for my chickens, plenty of warm straw and chicken treats to see them through, and Roly as always, will make sure he finds just the best spot.


All that remains is getting through what we hope will be another mild one!
Keep warm y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the garage, Sharon :) ... Lovely to see that you are getting your plot all sorted out. Yeah, let's hope we have a clear crisp winter ... but we are hoping for a bit of snow this side.

    ReplyDelete